We have just released Ontopia 5.1.0, which is the first release that has gone through a full release cycle while being scrutinized by the open source community. There are a lot of new features in this release. Please see the what’s new document for a complete description of what is new in this release .
Download the release here, or browse our documentation online.
In addition to what was in beta 2, the final release includes a few classify dependencies that where missing from the distribution.
We have just released beta 2 of Ontopia 5.1.0, which, in addition to what was in beta 1, fixes a number of minor issues with that beta:
We are proud to announce the first beta of Ontopia 5.1.0 today, with the following new features:
- An API for automated classification, by Geir Ove Grønmo, Bouvet
- tolog update support, by Lars Marius Garshol, Bouvet
- Support for XTM 2.1 has been added by Lars Heuer
- Support for JTM 1.0 has been added by Thomas Neidhart, SpaceApplications Services
- The query plugin in Omnigator now supports pluggable query language implementation, thanks to Thomas Neidhart, SpaceApplications Services
In addition, two major changes were made to the core APIs:
- The core API now uses generics, making it much easier to use, thanks to Quintin Siebers, Morpheus.
- The TopicNameIF.getType() method can never return null any more, thanks to Thomas Neidhart, SpaceApplications Services, and Lars Marius Garshol, Bouvet.
For a more complete description, please see the what’s new document.
Thank you to all who contributed! Please test the beta thoroughly, and report any problems in the issue tracker.
Ontopia has contained an automatic classification module under the covers for a while, but it was never documented, and there was no real interface to it, and so nobody looked at it. The module has now been properly documented for version 5.1.0, and a command-line interface has been provided.
The Ontopia web site now has a page about the classification, describing what is in the product. There is also an old presentation with some background information.
David Damen of SpaceApps has posted a proposal for a new RESTful web service interface to Ontopia. In a posting to the mailing list he says that SpaceApps is looking for community feedback on the API before they start implementing it later this summer.
At this point it is not clear whether the new API will become part of Ontopia, or whether it will be placed in the sandbox. The community feedback on the mailing list will determine the outcome.