Posts Tagged ‘Releases’
After five betas Ontopia 5.1.1 was released today. The main changes in this version are support for geotagging in Ontopoly, pluggable support for authentication and authorization, and a number of bug fixes. See the changelog for further details.
Ontopia 5.1.1 beta 1 was released today. The main changes in this version are support for geotagging in Ontopoly, pluggable support for authentication and authorization, and a number of bug fixes.
We hope to release the final version before long. In the meantime, any and all beta testing is much appreciated.
We have just released Ontopia 5.1.0, which is the first release that has gone through a full release cycle while being scrutinized by the open source community. There are a lot of new features in this release. Please see the what’s new document for a complete description of what is new in this release .
In addition to what was in beta 2, the final release includes a few classify dependencies that where missing from the distribution.
- Added update-topic method to TMRAP SOAP interface, thanks to Jelle Pelfrene of SpaceApps
- Fixed names given in association drop-down lists, thanks to Dan Speck of BNA
- Fixed problem with classify dependencies, thanks to an anonymous user
- Fixed labels on broader/narrower associations in MyThesaurus.xtm, thanks to Dan Speck of BNA
- Fixed problem preventing deletion of topics with no name in Ontopoly, thanks to Dan Speck of BNA
- Added complete list of fixed issues to the whatsnew document
We are proud to announce the first beta of Ontopia 5.1.0 today, with the following new features:
- An API for automated classification, by Geir Ove Grønmo, Bouvet
- tolog update support, by Lars Marius Garshol, Bouvet
- Support for XTM 2.1 has been added by Lars Heuer
- Support for JTM 1.0 has been added by Thomas Neidhart, SpaceApplications Services
- The query plugin in Omnigator now supports pluggable query language implementation, thanks to Thomas Neidhart, SpaceApplications Services
In addition, two major changes were made to the core APIs:
- The core API now uses generics, making it much easier to use, thanks to Quintin Siebers, Morpheus.
- The TopicNameIF.getType() method can never return null any more, thanks to Thomas Neidhart, SpaceApplications Services, and Lars Marius Garshol, Bouvet.
For a more complete description, please see the what’s new document.
Thank you to all who contributed! Please test the beta thoroughly, and report any problems in the issue tracker.